HighStep for electricity pylons
Requirements from a network provider's perspective
- The safety requirements must comply with and reliably fulfil the established standards of trade associations and insurance companies.
- The part of the system attached to the tower must not need any regular maintenance expenditure, because the towers are only climbed infrequently.
- The system must be easy to handle, and be ready for use quickly and easily where towers stand in the middle of fields, on hills or even in mountain ranges.
- The system must be able to be installed on different types of towers, so that only one climbing solution is required for a whole network.
- The system must not be susceptible to environmental effects, such as wind, weather and lightning strikes.
- The assembly and installation of a climbing system should be as simple as possible and cost as little as possible.